APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve beefs up audio - where's FCPX?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Resolve beefs up audio - where's FCPX?
on Mar 10, 2020 at 12:47:42 pm

[Michael Gissing] "I have been dismayed at the progress of integration of Fairlight into Resolve which is my software of choice for grade & finishing. This latest update is getting closer and I am looking at the feasibility of moving over to just using the Resolve Fairlight to do what I now do with the old standalone. "

I think that's ultimately the question with Resolve. Is the intent to make each page world-class in its own right or is it to make a great all-in-one tool, primarily focused on colorists/finishing editors? That pertains to Fusion as much as Fairlight.

Other than servicing existing Fairlight customers, are these updates attracting new customers for just the DAW and by extension, the hardware control surfaces for mixing?

It seems to me that BMD is trying to create a better Avid|DS or Flame, rather than a full-fledged combination of Resolve (color) + Media Composer + Nuke + Pro Tools.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]