APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve beefs up audio - where's FCPX?

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Resolve beefs up audio - where's FCPX?
on Mar 9, 2020 at 10:13:00 pm

[Jim Curtis] "I'm hoping Adobe will roll Audition into Premiere at some point, like this, and avoid round-tripping, and re-writing / export / import of audio."

I wouldn't hold my breath. Different development teams and a lot of additional audio-centric functions in Audition that aren't in Premiere. Plus Audition does have its own user base (small, maybe?) among audio producers, radio producers, and podcasters. Plus, you might not like the result if they do that. When Adobe EOL'ed SpeedGrade in order to focus on Lumetri color in Premiere, a lot of grading functionality was lost.

But more to the point for FCPX, you can do a lot with the current audio tools, but right now it requires compounding your sequence. Often multiple times. Apple could easily stick with the Roles concept and still have a very functional audio mixer pane, with the possibility of submaster and master "tracks."

[Jim Curtis] "Fairlight was already well regarded in the audio world."

I wonder in reality what the user base has been for Fairlight, compared with Pro Tools or Logic? Or even other tools, like Nuendo or Reaper?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]