APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Catalina issues?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim Curtis
Re: Catalina issues?
on Mar 9, 2020 at 9:05:42 pm

I have a new MacPro and Catalina is required. My issues so far is that I have to reboot as often as I did in OS9. I've reinstalled the OS at least four times. Worst thing that happened was my User folder vanished and I was returned to the default User state. Some of my Mail messages content disappears; quitting and relaunching brings them back.

At the beginning, I did a clean install of all my apps, extensions, plug-ins, etc. The only folder I imported using Migration Assistant were my Documents.

Only a few apps I use often aren't ready or won't run on Catalina. Only one audio plug-in developer hasn't updated yet.

I got a QNAP about ten days ago, and no problems I've noticed so far.

BTW, you CAN boot from an external drive, contrary to what some people are claiming. It requires some settings in the Security pane to make it work. I use SuperDuper, and highly recommend a weekly clone, if not more frequently. Since my clone disk is an external SSD, using the Smart Update, cloning take about ten minutes. Time well spent.

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

MacPro7,1 24-core - 256 GB RAM - AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB - 10.15.3

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]