APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: AJA will not be on-site at NAB2020

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: AJA will not be on-site at NAB2020
on Mar 4, 2020 at 7:53:35 pm

Huge hardware convention in Chicago cancelled... college sports teams are dropping away games... Japan took all their schools off line for a month... the Hadj seems like it's been cancelled this year... Airlines have cancelled new pilot classes, sensing an oncoming glut of pilots with fewer runs to make... Italy is asking people to stop kissing...

The disruption is wider than just our industry.

If I had to make a prediction, it's going to take a year to get a handle on this health crisis and get prophylaxis and treatment worked out to a point where the general public is no longer in a panic about travel. Travel and hospitality is one of the largest industries in the world and a lot of low income people depend on it for their livelihood. That's going to to really strain the social safety net.

I'm guessing there will still be an NAB convention next year, though it might be smaller. Or, it might transform into a fleet of smaller shows in major cities, where the vendors come to you, instead of the other way around. It would be cool to have an NAB back in Chicago...

I agree that this situation will provide a stimulus to development of remote editing hardware and software as well as changes in production practices. But it's only an acceleration of an existing trend.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]