APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: AJA will not be on-site at NAB2020

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: AJA will not be on-site at NAB2020
on Mar 4, 2020 at 1:12:15 pm

I agree that much of the product info is available online. But, "community" is a reason for many to attend shows like this. Seeing old friends or meeting new friends in person out of folks you've only known through online communications. Side events like Avid Connect, Faster Together Stage, Post Production World, etc. Remember that the exhibits are only a portion of the overall NAB Convention and that if you are an actual NAB member, then there are numerous meetings and sessions in addition to the exhibit floors.

Nevertheless, there is one thing that you don't get from online info, except the boiled down perspective of various writers, pundits, pontificators, etc. That's the "walking around" impression you get from seeing the booths. That's where you spot trends. For example, this year it may be interesting and telling to see how many vendors use the new Mac Pro or the XDR display as part of their demos. In years past, it's been interesting to see how many and who used FCPX on their stands and why.

Then there's the discovery of new up-and-comers in the so-called "pipe and drape" sections in the backs of the halls. These are the ones who won't get press. NAB is often a make-it-or-break-it showing for their company. Avid, EditShare, and many others started there.

So I do think shows like NAB serve a value for people in our industry. If I don't go this year (TBD), I will certainly miss it.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]