APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: AJA will not be on-site at NAB Show 2020. What about YOU?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: AJA will not be on-site at NAB Show 2020. What about YOU?
on Mar 3, 2020 at 3:40:00 pm

Risk is just too high.
I'm not going either - and I'm going to predict that they'll have to cancel NAB this year.

Covid-19's general lack of lethality for the healthy among us isn't the issue for me. It's that spreading the virus increases the chances that it reaches someone in the high-risk categories, and I'm unwilling to act as an unknowing vector.

I suspect all that remains to be seen is what the trade show landscape looks like AFTER this year.

These giant gatherings have been wheezing along for a few years now. I'm uncertain whether this year will be an anomaly, or a sharp nail in the coffin of these shows as an overall business driver.

AJA and ADOBE have announced they are both doing what would have been their NAB product rollouts via webcasts. Grant at BlackMagic already was doing them as part of their overall marketing efforts. And of course, Apple, had already left trade shows for a virtual "event marketing" strategy a decade ago.

Things are changing fast.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]