APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smaller Mac Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Smaller Mac Pro
on Dec 23, 2019 at 6:26:29 pm
Last Edited By Oliver Peters on Dec 24, 2019 at 12:06:26 am

[Bill Davis] "Yeah, it's every bit as stupid as 20-someting year old me telling the Broadcast Pros of my day..."

I don't think that's a valid comparison. The people doing work on a 4-channel ADO back then were likely doing work that was quite a bit different on their systems and at a higher quality level than you were with your Mac and DV. I definitely DON'T mean quality in terms of the production value, but rather actual quality of the formats used, compression, etc. In their environment, real-time process was very important. You were able to balance real-time against cost with a tolerance for rendering.

Neil's issue is that a YouTube influencer has different demands and expectations for their business than he does in his. Maybe yes, maybe no. YouTubers like Jonathan Morrison work at a pretty high level in terms of technology and quite a bit higher than the standard fair on YouTube or Instagram. But are the demands the same as Neil's in the abstract? I don't know.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]