APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Early tester James Tonkin on the new MacPro in actual use.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: Early tester James Tonkin on the new MacPro in actual use.
on Dec 19, 2019 at 9:44:56 pm

well, first let me say that I am falling in love with the 2019 Mac Pro. And I have never personally had my hands on one (just via remote over the internet).

But I just found this -
https://www.sonnettech.com/product/m2-4x4-pcie-card.html
which is a supported card in the 2019 Mac Pro.
You put four 2TB Samsung EVO 970 NVMe's in there, and you will get over 5000 MB/sec bandwidth.
8K will be child's play. The card is under 400 bucks, and each 2TB EVO 970 is about 400 bucks, so for $2000 bucks you get completely insane performance for 8TB of storage - which is not a lot in todays world, but for a special project - even a large project - well, it's amazing.

AND because I have been so tied up with QNAP and Synology shared storage systems, and got so discouraged when Apple screwed up the server product in macOS 10.13 - I kind of forgot about using a Mac as a server. But because of the Sonnet card, I just RE tested file sharing over a network with macOS 10.15.2, and it works great - once again, with no permissions errors with multiple users.

So everything is starting to fall back into place again. This is going to be one crazy NAB show (for the first time in a long time).

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]