APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Early tester James Tonkin on the new MacPro in actual use.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Early tester James Tonkin on the new MacPro in actual use.
on Dec 18, 2019 at 11:47:49 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Also this is with FCPX. Hopefully the same (or similar) ProRes performance will be there in other apps."

From the general web discussions, I suspect Resolve and FCP X will both be close to optimized. But the Adobe suite being CUDA centric and maybe not looking as directly for Metal code, might not benefit as much.

Still, you've got to figure with THAT much horsepower, not being coded as optimized for CUDA might not matter quite so much?

I'm sure we'll hear the user story drumbeats soon surrounding a wide variety of configurations.

I also suspect that the Afterburner story might be the one to really watch. As I understand it, there are slots in the MacPro that could support up to 3 Afterburner cards, theoretically each of which might eventually be able to be flashed to support a particular editors or shops regularly encountered codecs?

This "Afterburner" Programmable ASICS deal might be just the beginning of some very interesting things.

Time will tell.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]