APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Early tester James Tonkin on the new MacPro in actual use.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ronny Courtens
Re: Early tester James Tonkin on the new MacPro in actual use.
on Dec 14, 2019 at 9:22:31 am

In the setup at Hangman Studios, the colours seem very accurate across the pipeline. I could see no difference between the viewers in FCP X or Resolve on one Pro Display, and the program out on another Pro Display connected directly via Thunderbolt to the Mac Pro. It was even very hard to see any difference between the images on the Pro Displays and the 77" OLED monitor connected via HDMi and a Blackmagic card. The difference between the Pro Displays and the LG OLED tv only becomes apparent when you start running HDR footage.

This is a quote from James Tonkin that I left out of the article:

I have a 77" OLED LG screen in the grading suite, which is a jaw-dropping display. Everyone who comes in here always gets drawn to that screen. But that tv only has 500 Nits of peak brightness. Last week I was doing some HDR tests and I was totally baffled by how far I could push the Pro Displays. You don't realise how amazing that extremity of HDR luminance looks until you sit in front of a real HDR display and start pushing things around. These Pro Displays are extremely accurate and will last a very long time.

- Ronny

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]