APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Early tester James Tonkin on the new MacPro in actual use.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Early tester James Tonkin on the new MacPro in actual use.
on Dec 13, 2019 at 4:21:06 pm

I think the salient point is to ask what the “reference” actually IS any more?
It used to be so simple when your countries broadcast system HAD a specific technical standard.

But obviously, today the viewing landscape has dramatically changed with FAR more content consumed on personal devices than via broadcast feeds.

Decades ago in radio we used to use main studio speakers and cheap bridge monitors to be able to hear what something sounded like on both home audio systems AND on crappy single speaker car radios because THATS where more people heard the commercials and music we were creating,

Today, in addition to my computer monitor, my production desk has a decent consumer level TV, an older gen non-Retina iPad and an current gen iPhone and I check things like type legibility on all of them before I send the work out.

Same idea.

Notice how the work is likely to look on the devices it’s most likely to be consumed on.

The New $6k Apple XDR monitor probably (at least partially) hopes to establish a new de facto standard for assessing managed color for the coming era.

Basically, there’s a chance IT could become a new color delivery standard should it’s price verses capability prove compelling in tomorrow’s edit suites and it’s colorimetry proves acceptable to a wide enough slice of the market.

We’ll see.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]