APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Need some DAM solutions!

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan Holmes
Re: Need some DAM solutions!
on Sep 14, 2019 at 3:27:23 pm

[Bernard Newnham] "you might like to look at NAS solutions - network attached storage. They come in many sizes"

Bernard you are absolutely right. I love NAS! In fact, we run 2 Dynamic Drive Pool (DDP's) with about 300TB of space for our video team (about 20-30 live event recordings each week!). Storage space isn't the problem, it's being able to share it across multiple departments and the ability to search it to find what is needed. The photographers aren't necessarily the designers, so the designers need to be able to search for photos they need.

I love Synology too! Our photo storage currently lives on a little 32TB Synology box that users across campus can connect to over SMB...but it's not really searchable. It holds our stuff no problem, but you access it through Finder (everyone is Mac based here) and you poke around hoping to find what you need. And if an outside organization is hired for a campaign of some sort I would love, love, love if our DAM allowed them to search (not download) our photo assets as well, and they could request a series of photos which allow us to control the look, feel, brand as well.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]