APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Need some DAM solutions!

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan Holmes
Need some DAM solutions!
on Sep 14, 2019 at 2:14:14 pm

I'm not confident that this is the best forum to post this question, but since so many traffic this forum I'll start here.

What software do y'all use/recommend for digital asset management (DAM)? Primarily concerned with still photography.

Work scenario: I work for a school and we're needing to have multiple departments across campus have access to raw photo files (CR2) for preview, but restricted so they can't download them. We have about 2TB's of photos now, and we add about 400GB per year. It seems like many of the cloud solutions make storage a premium cost, which tends to price our non-profit educational system outta the market. Because we're a school, shots tend to get reused multiple times and in multiple venues (catalog, website, social media, admissions campaign, etc), so we tend to have to retain and reuse assets longer than say a commercial project where you might shoot stuff as a one off, archive it, and that's that.

I know Adobe has been grinding away on their Adobe Experience Manager which seems to include a pretty robust DAM now. All of the graphics teams use Adobe, and the video department uses Adobe so there's a possible solution in there.

Just curious what y'all have found as helpful, or products to avoid!

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]