APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Looks like the FCP X forces converted another AVID editor. Wonder who gets the toaster prize?😉

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony West
Re: Looks like the FCP X forces converted another AVID editor. Wonder who gets the toaster prize?😉
on Aug 23, 2019 at 1:01:25 pm

I don't know if you are aware of it or not but you contradicted yourself in the same post.

First you wrote....

[Oliver Peters] "working for yourself is such a pipe dream"

Then you wrote.......

[Oliver Peters] "Look at high-end feature film and TV editors. They essentially work for themselves. "

I disagree with both statements anyway.

I didn't think I would need to explain it with all the vets on this page but I guess I do. One example of working for yourself in this biz would be, you approach the same client that the production house approaches instead of the production house. There's nobody in-between you and the client.

[Oliver Peters] "Not everyone will be a "YouTube star"."

Ah..........yeah, who said they would? There is plenty of money to be made on Youtube without ever putting your face on there. People get paid these days to put commercials up there and on FB. Those weren't avenues before. Heck, are you sure you really make more money than some of the people that are shooting weddings these days? I mean, have you seen any of these people's stuff? A friend just showed me the "trailer" to their family member's wedding video. It was fantastic. The "Trailer", dude. I can only imagine how the actual video itself will look. It's a whole nother game out there these days, with all due respect.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]