APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Looks like the FCP X forces converted another AVID editor. Wonder who gets the toaster prize?😉

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: Looks like the FCP X forces converted another AVID editor. Wonder who gets the toaster prize?😉
on Aug 23, 2019 at 12:29:54 pm

[Bill Davis] "It was just a story link. Not a poke in the eye. But these are apparently sensitive times."

I've often thought that any sentence that contains the word "just", as in "just a story link," needs to be looked at closely. "Just" is often a con man's best weapon, employed to hide an important point behind a cover of irrelevance. It's "just" $99 dollars, it's "just" a few blocks away, we're "just" friends. Whenever I see such a sentence I immediately listen to it again without the "just" - as in "it was a story link." Yes it was, and it was the same sort of link you have been posting for the past 5 years. And it contains the same overstatement and hyperbole that we have all grown so used to. So if you're looking for the cause of this stasis you mention, you might want to look in a mirror.

[Bill Davis] "8 years on nearly."

And X still hasn't taken the world by storm. It's an important part of the post eco system, used by a significant number of editors, and fully capable in many workflows. But I'd argue that it is, after 8 years of exposure, still less significant in the overall post world than FCP 7 was when it was EOL'd.

Which shouldn't matter to anyone who is happily using it, but the distance between the proselytizing and the facts is a bit of an irritation, something less than a poke in the eye and more like a loose eyelash.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]