APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Looks like the FCP X forces converted another AVID editor. Wonder who gets the toaster prize?😉

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

greg janza
Re: Looks like the FCP X forces converted another AVID editor. Wonder who gets the toaster prize?😉
on Aug 22, 2019 at 3:06:58 pm

[Tony West] "In Greg's own story he mentioned that they are giving that young person a chance because he has talent. Talent built on his early use of X."

Both my wife and I try to give access to folks just starting out in the business because we both remember how hard it was to break into the business when we were beginning our careers.

I think what was notable about my wife's interview was how this young professional didn't focus his approach on how he could possibly contribute to the company's needs and adapt his skills to those needs. Instead, he put forth his preferences for working.

This is directly opposite of how I approached the business when I was starting out and how I continue to approach the business 25 years later. When I was starting out, I learned linear editing consoles because that's what post companies used and that's how I could get hired. I later learned Avid when I wanted to get into television production because that's what TV production companies used. And then I learned Premiere when I segued into corporate production because that's what virtually every corporate in-house communications department and outside post facility used and continues to use.

So yes, my wife is going to give him a shot but hopefully, other folks who are attempting to get into this very competitive business will approach job opportunities with an attitude of "how can I help contribute to a project and the overall future success of the company" instead of "this is how I prefer to work."

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmprods
tallmanproductions.net

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]