APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Looks like the FCP X forces converted another AVID editor. Wonder who gets the toaster prize?😉

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

greg janza
Re: Looks like the FCP X forces converted another AVID editor. Wonder who gets the toaster prize?😉
on Aug 22, 2019 at 3:17:32 am

A recent anecdote involving my wife illustrates a problem with the "FCPX is so awesome" approach to our business.

We recently attended a wedding in which we met a very nice gentleman who told us that his son is just starting out in his career as a video editor/shooter but that he doesn't have a lot of connections yet. My wife is a staff video producer and she hires freelance editors and shooters and so she asked for the son's contact info.

My wife had a phone interview with the son and during the interview, he informed my wife that he prefers working in FCPX. That's all well and good but all of the video work done in-house at her company is within the Adobe environment and so FCPX simply isn't an option for editors. My wife's company operates like many other media companies in that all video work needs to be done within the ecosystem of the company. The work can certainly be done remotely but it makes no sense to have it done in FCPX since the project will eventually go back to the company and a staff editor may revisit the project down the road.

My wife is still going to give this young professional a chance because his portfolio does indicate that he has talent but it'll be his responsibility to put his personal preferences aside and do his best to work in an environment that may not be what he prefers but which is a paid professional gig.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmprods
tallmanproductions.net

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]