APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Looks like the FCP X forces converted another AVID editor. Wonder who gets the toaster prize?😉

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Goodman
Re: Looks like the FCP X forces converted another AVID editor. Wonder who gets the toaster prize?😉
on Aug 20, 2019 at 3:19:04 pm

[Herb Sevush] "apparently he's never heard of organizing footage on timelines "

When I watch alot of these videos - the common theme is my life is changed when actually - most of these solutions already exist in other apps. They just didnt know where to look or how to be creative with the tool set

For example.

Keywords in FCPX - They are awesome indeed. No ones arguing that.

But in Avid I can simply drop a marker with the word "b-roll" or "close-up" or a whole sentence of dialougue, and that is now searchable and immediately called up with a click.

dont even need to use markers to achieve this but its one way to do it.

Another example:

Background Transcoding/ Rendering.

In FCPX nothing actually happens until you STOP working. Therefore nothing is really happening in the background.

In Avid - you have the option to let it actual do the transcode/render while you work - or it'll pause like FCPX when you work, and do the computing when the user is idle.

Somehow a 30 year old program implemented a better solution to background processing than FCPX that gives the user more options.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]