APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Ain't really a debate--rendering video?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Ain't really a debate--rendering video?
on Aug 19, 2019 at 12:42:04 am

[Oliver Peters] "There is a caveat to that if you work in Premiere, FCPX, or Resolve. If you render as you go (or cache in Resolve) and set your settings to the output codec (such as ProRes), then the export effectively becomes a file copy. You typically have to enable using this media in the export dialogue, but it can make the exports - especially in FCPX and Resolve - lightning fast, IF you are exporting to the same codec and settings.

- Oliver
"

This.

But also, even if you've got background rendering turned off, if you're working with decent hardware, when you go to export a master, X is happy to grab all the computing resources it can in order to do the export as fast as possible. So "render the master during my coffee break while my machine is otherwise idle" is often a sterling strategy.

That's largely why I work nearly exclusively with background rendering turned OFF - at least unless I"m doing higher raster projects.

YMMV.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]