APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Photoshop alternative?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Photoshop alternative?
on Jul 16, 2019 at 5:10:20 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Jul 16, 2019 at 5:17:22 pm

And if you want more than just a new version of the old tools - Luminar is doing a LOT of work in incorporating AI into their photo processing suite.

I've been extremely surprised that a tool this "automated" is yielding quick eye-popping results for me that my clients seem to really love.

It's a tiny bit like a nodal system ala Resolves color correction - with the user able to stack filter presets onto images and then dial them globally up or back to taste - OR dive into the presets stacks to increase or decrease individual aspects of them. But overall the result is fast and often PLENTY to turn a meh photo into something very visually pleasing with a fraction of the time and effort something like Photoshop or even Lightroom would take.

For true Photoshop or lightroom masters who just want a similar set of concepts, it's likely NOT going to be your cup of tea. But like the FCP X transition from Legacy - it's attempting to re-think photo processing by looking at what most often needs to be done - rather than re-creating the workflow people have traditionally used to do those things.

FWIW.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]