APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: September could be interesting

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brett Sherman
Re: September could be interesting
on Jun 26, 2019 at 6:05:52 pm

[Bob Zelin] "I never understood this mindset. When you are in the video business, and you do a shoot, you have a TON of gear that has to be moved around - your camera, lenses, tripod, batteries, chargers, cables, outboard recorder, outboard monitor, etc, etc."

Definitely true for some uses. But I find it is just barely possible to edit on an airline even with a 15" laptop. It won't lay flat and you have to tip it up towards yourself on most seats. I think the 16" will be fine if they reduce the bezel. And I'll likely get one when it is time to upgrade. But there's almost no way to use the classic 17" with modern aircraft seating space.

And yes, I have been known to edit at Starbucks when I'm on the road and don't have anywhere else to go.

Of course my preference is always to edit with two 4K monitors in the office. But there are times it's not possible. Besides the fact if space is no issue, I'd take a 15" laptop with my iPad as a second monitor over a single 17" any day.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]