APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: September could be interesting

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: September could be interesting
on Jun 25, 2019 at 2:10:32 pm

Andrew writes -
I personally never had one because I didn't want to lug something around that big.

I never understood this mindset. When you are in the video business, and you do a shoot, you have a TON of gear that has to be moved around - your camera, lenses, tripod, batteries, chargers, cables, outboard recorder, outboard monitor, etc, etc.

If you are in post production, you have your computer, but you also have your monitors, speakers, dock, AJA or Blackmagic or AVID IO boxes, scopes, drives, etc, etc.

If you are a DIT on set, you have your cart with all your crap on it, your card readers, dock, drives, etc. etc. plus outboard gear for the client to see the shots on a monitor.

And if you are an editor - you not only bring your laptop, but ALL THE OTHER STUFF - which certainly means at least lugging your drives around, headphones (if you are not using real speakers), and other stuff, like monitors, I/O boxes, etc that is necessary to do your job.

So please explain the mindset of "I just want my 15" laptop in a light case, and that's it". Exactly where do you edit with this equipment ? At Starbucks ?

The definition of all these trade shows, and being a pro is OUR GEAR - all the hardware, all the software, knowing all the tricks, and owning all the toys, that a "YouTuber" with their iPhone and Mac Book (and a free WiFi connection). cannot compete against. So adding the extra "inch" - exactly how does that make your life more miserable.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]