APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Cheese Grater is back

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ronny Courtens
Re: The Cheese Grater is back
on Jun 7, 2019 at 9:10:21 pm

Agreed. And I think we will see some interesting announcements from Red and BM about the new MacPro by IBC.

As to the price topic: I totally disagree that there is an issue with the price of the new MacPro. Certainly not within the circles I frequent, which clearly are the target audience for this machine. Everyone I have spoken with since Monday has confirmed that they are very impressed with the new MacPro and they will buy one or more of them. One client will be purchasing 28 units as soon as they are available (they currently use a mix of 2012 and 2013 MacPros). It looks like the 16-core model with the Radeon Pro Vega II Duo and possibly an Afterburner card (depends on the workflows) is considered to be the sweet spot for many of those people. No-one I have spoken with is considering the base model.

But I do respect the opinion of anyone who says this MacPro is not for them. That does not mean there is anything wrong with it, or with its price. It just means that it does not fit within their business model. And that's not a problem at all, there are many other offerings on the market that will fit their needs.

I also agree with Herb and Brett that Apple should consider making a mid-level version of this machine, at a starting price point that will appeal to a larger audience. Whether this will happen or not, we will have to wait and see. But, if they would do this, then we could truly say that "the Cheese Grater" is back.

- Ronny

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]