APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Cheese Grater is back

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: The Cheese Grater is back
on Jun 7, 2019 at 5:27:06 pm

[greg janza] "Bill, you missed your true calling which is being a politician. You swiftly sidestepped the main issue of cost and redirected the focus to FCPX. Well played."

There IS no "issue of cost" for anyone who's been in this industry as long as I have.

During my career I've used SINGLE HMI lights that cost $15,000 a pop. So don't tell me that an entire editing SYSTEM that costs maybe 3 times that will be a stopper for ANYONE serious about their career.

And, those dollars were back when dollars were worth HUGELY more than they are today.
Jeez, today a regular menu price CHEESEBURGER meal at a casual restaurant is typically between $10 and $15. When I was paying those prices for gear early in my career, that meal ran about $3.50.

The basic problem today is that the entire industry has grown ridiculously accustomed to getting everything so DIRT cheap that they have almost entirely decoupled the value of thing from the idea of paying for that value.

Hell, one PVW level Betacam cost what the ENTIRE fully spec'd out MacPro system just announced is being sold for today.

So it ain't the money, kids. It's the attitude. You don't THINK you can afford that - so you can't. Someone down the street thinks they CAN buy the tools and transform them into a profit center - so THEY will. This has been the same story forever. Some folks have always seen a market case for owing $150,000.00 production suites - and made that work. Same with $65,000 Cameras. Same with $30,000 Red Cameras, same with EVERYTHING.

Playing or NOT playing is hardly EVER about money. It's about vision and attitude and searching out ways to make your work life what you believe it can be.

And it's NEVER been easier to reach that level than it is today - and Apples WWDC announcements HELP make that possible. Not hurt it in ANY way.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]