APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Cheese Grater is back

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony West
Re: The Cheese Grater is back
on Jun 7, 2019 at 2:28:18 pm

[Bernard Newnham] "Clients don't give a stuff about what gear you have, any more that what car you drive. "

They "give a stuff" about what kind of car you drive in they have to ride in it. If you pick them up at the airport and your car can't get them to the job, yeah...... they would care.

They care what type of gear you have also. They will request a certain type of camera and some will even say they want it shot at a certain frame rate and if you can't do that you're out. When you say "gear" you must be talking strictly about the computer you are cutting on.

I see the new MP as an investment. I'm looking at that machine as something I could run for the next 10 years or likely longer. I'm guessing that's why it cost so much. They know people are gonna sit on it for years like the old one so they need to get paid now.

I also look at long term dependability. My last grader has been solid every day for years and that's what I expect from this new one. I want to be able to do high level work on this machine well into the future. I'm not just looking at now, I'm looking way down the road.

I would think that the resale value of the new MP would be higher than some pc I snapped together myself, if I had to guess.

Since you know about our healthcare system (hopefully soon to be improved) you ought to know that a machine like that is a tax write-off here. You just hand the receipt for that box to your accountant at tax time and get a lot of money back.

People were happy with their graders. They wanted another one. They gave it to you.

Btw, if you get that monitor you likely won't have to buy another one of those for a long time either. Also a write-off.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]