APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Cheese Grater is back

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: The Cheese Grater is back
on Jun 6, 2019 at 7:05:07 pm

[greg janza] "larger economic forces dictate rates and if freelancers aren't flexible they'll simply have less work offered to them."

I'm with Shane. I don't see that either. Lower rates, yes. But there are still rates. For example, one of my f/l gigs has been location edits for conferences. If I bring my laptop edit system there's a kit fee. If they don't like my rate for it, they have the option to supply me with a system. Some do, some don't.

If I book a room in at a small production company or editorial boutique to edit for clients I bring in there, I still have to pay the host company a rental fee for the room and gear. That certainly gets added back into my invoice. Maybe with little or no mark-up, but I certainly don't eat that cost. There's quite a lot of companies with that sort of rental business model in NYC and LA.

I really don't see those parameters being different in any market based on people I know around the country. What does tend to happen is flat bidding for a job; but in those cases, the bid includes some factor for gear.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]