APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Cheese Grater is back

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: The Cheese Grater is back
on Jun 6, 2019 at 12:29:22 pm

[Oliver Peters] "For grins I priced out an HP Z8 in something that’s fairly close to the base configuration of the Mac Pro. $8K."

Which is why most independent editors don't buy HPs. Saying the Mac Pro is no more expensive than an HP doesn't make it a good deal.

I will say that only Apple could have fulfilled it's promise and bummed me out at the same time. I love the look of the case, but I'm not buying a workstation that will live on the floor under my desk for it's looks. Apple has totally shut me out as a buyer - this Mac Pro is way over spec'd ( I don't need Xeons, an i9 will do just fine) and priced for my needs, the Imac is a closed unmodifiable system with a screen I don't need or want, and the mini is, even with an eGPU and maxed out, insufficient for my needs.

Now back to work on my POS trashcan that I loathe. I still have my 2010 cheese grater, but it's lack of Tbolt connectivity and inability to use the latest nVidia cards make it an emergency system only.

Gggrrrrrrrrr - curses, foiled again.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]