APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Cheese Grater is back

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dominic Deacon
Re: The Cheese Grater is back
on Jun 5, 2019 at 8:57:44 pm

Great insight Ronny. Can I ask why such facilities are running Macs in the first place? It's just something I'm trying to understand. As Linus points out, the premium on the base model Mac Pro is almost two times the cost of the parts. I imagine the costs will scale on the more expensive Macs to be twice as expesive for the upper level models as well.

When the only difference is an operating system, why spend two times as much to run professional software? Particularly given the options on the PC side- for instance Intel processors at the high end often don't make a lot of sense as a purchase next to a Threadripper, nVidia GPUs are typically far superior, etc. It seems to me they are paying a huge premium to for less options.

As someone who spends all day working in 3DS Max and similar applications, and only moments interacting with the operating system, I've never really considered the operating system as a key element.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]