APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Cheese Grater is back

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ronny Courtens
Re: The Cheese Grater is back
on Jun 5, 2019 at 1:54:17 pm

Actually, the reactions from the target audience of this new MacPro are very positive. I have been making some calls since the announcement, and the vast majority of the people I know have told me they are going to buy a number of these machines once they are available. This morning, I got an e-mail from a friend in Cape Town who handles the post-production of BBC Wildlife in SA. Tons of footage, mostly 6K and beyond, with heavy grading in Resolve and audio sweetening in ProTools. I will quote his message: "The New Mac Pro is beautiful and everything you said it would be. As soon as it's out in September we will be buying two of the maxed out models... FINALLY... it was worth the wait."

This is not Pixar, nor a national broadcaster. It's a high-end post boutique that is very successful. And he knows his clients are happy to pay a bonus for the best possible quality and performance. There are many studios like this one and, for them, 30 or 40K for a real powerhouse is perfectly acceptable (he currently uses 2 Linux machines that cost more than this).

So, before assuming that no-one will buy this MacPro just because you don't need it, it would be best to realize that there is a very vast world outside everyone's little neck of the woods.

I have watched the videos from Max Yuryev and Linus. I find Linus's video quite rational indeed. I had not expected this kind of objectivity from him as he is a DIY guy who constantly bashes anything Mac related. Not really, this time. Max caters for the lower-end pros who will never need a system like this, not even the base model. So I don't find his video surprising, nor adequate. A few months ago, I had a conversation with him because he pretended that 40K for a server is way overkill and that no-one would ever spend that much money on a NAS. Which made me burst out in laughs because I have clients who have bought +500K systems from Lumaforge because they found the price tag very acceptable compared with the competition. As I said: there is a very vast world outside everyone's little neck of the woods.

- Ronny

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]