APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Thanks Apple!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Thanks Apple!
on May 15, 2019 at 5:16:19 pm

[Bill Davis] "Different business models. One that ensures (as much as possible) customer access to their creative work in perpetuity without any additional cost - and one that definitely does not."

Hmmm...I see how Apple allows us to do that, by cutting loose a hugely popular editing application completely, and all support for it, and making a completely new one with absolutely ZERO pathway for getting projects from the old one to the new one. Zero. And they had zero plan to do that. They left that up to third party vendors to figure out, instead of helping their extremely loyal user base transition.

"Oh, but sometimes you have to totally burn down the house and start over in order to make the next great leap in technology!" Sorry, tired of hearing that crap. There was a means to convert projects, as evidenced in a third party app coming out to do that...but APPLE ITSELF couldn't be bothered to do it. Just "F*** YOU...that's old, this is new, this is better, get over it."

Yeah...Apple was SO accommodating and so loyal to it's user base.

I think Adobe's "rental" policy is completely stupid, and I don't subscribe to it. My kids do, but because they HAVE to. Photoshop is a requirement at art school, so they are chained in that manner. Personally, I like Avid's way of "Buy a perpetual license, pay a fee to pay for upgrades and tech support...and those are available to us. But if you stop, you are stuck with the version you have, BUT IT STILL WORKS!" That I like.

Yeah, Apple has made an app that is amazing and great and PERFECT for so many many applications. And is what they needed to do. HOW they did it, sorry, that plus their history of killing things like SHAKE, make them highly untrustworthy. Glad you like them, but I trust them about as far as I can throw them.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]