APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Thanks Apple!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Thanks Apple!
on May 15, 2019 at 1:44:43 am

[Bill Davis] "First I OWN this excellent software, for which I haven’t been charged another dime since my initial purchase 7 years ago."

As has been pointed out in the past, by several people....no, we don't OWN the software. Even when it wasn't subscription, we didn't own it, we purchased the right to use it. Pretty much all software, from what I've been told. So yeah, while it feels nice to think that we OWN this software.

I OWN Avid Media Composer...and do pay for upgrade fees, to pay for such things as R&D and tech support, as they don't have iPhones and iPads to suppliment that business. Oh, and I also OWN Resolve, which I've also never paid a fee to update, although not sure how they manage to afford that. Although, no, I don't OWN them....as stated above.

And boy do I get my work done and get paid a hella-ton of money when I do....with a big fat old fashioned check. Seems you can get that no matter what NLE you use.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]