APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Thanks Apple!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Thanks Apple!
on May 15, 2019 at 12:18:58 am

Just reading some of the posts on other forums about the iP -licensing issues regarding embedded tech in Premiere
when my email pinged with a link to fat digital check for a recent gig.

A gig was executed rapidly and smoothly thanks to FCP X.
Which has caused me to be EXTREMELY grateful in a few areas.

First I OWN this excellent software, for which I haven’t been charged another dime since my initial purchase 7 years ago.
Second, I now “own” the accumulated expertise I’ve built over the last seven years in the operation of that software. And finally, one of my projects this month required me to access content from a project I built in X about 5 years ago. Less than 15 minutes after I realized I needed that archive footage, I had it updated and in a fresh 10.4.6 storyline and ready to work with. And I expect that if that should happen again in another 5 years - the same will be true.

When Apple famously “burned down” FCP Legacy and gutted the old QuickTime frameworks in favor of AV Foundation and the Core technologies, some of my contacts who are much smarter than I am said part of the reason was because Apple wanted to move away from being as tied to outside of Apple licenses IP tech it didn’t control as they moved forward.

Whether that’s a factor here or not I really don’t understand nor care about.

What I DO care about is that every time I go to launch X and start to work these days, my expectations of a fast, smooth and responsive work session are consistently being met and exceeded.

And that helps me succeed.

So once again, I find myself being grateful.

They surely aren’t now, nor will ever be perfect in their design and execution.
But lately, these tools have been pretty darn great for me.

Just sayin’

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]