APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is It Time To Reconsider Final Cut Pro X?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Is It Time To Reconsider Final Cut Pro X?
on May 7, 2019 at 5:43:25 pm

[Bret Williams] "I don’t think you can compare dynamic linking to the motion publishing. With dynamic linking, yes you can open in AE and make changes. But that requires AE and a knowledge of how to operate AE. Hardly comparable to making an adjustment in the inspector. Their new motion graphics Templates would be a better comparison, but they’re still a bit behind in that.
"

If we are just talking about using Dynamic Link for templates you can have editable parameters inside of PPro. Ex. at my current gig we import an AE template into PPro for lower thirds and change the name, and title inside PPro using the Effects Control panel. At a previous job (maybe 2 or 3 years ago) the GFX department made us an AE template for creating opening titles for our videos and in that one the text, text size and color were all editable inside of PPro.

That was the first time I'd used Dynamic Link that way, and needless to say the editors loved noting having to go into AE just to make L3 changes.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]