APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 5 Days and no posts?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: 5 Days and no posts?
on Apr 27, 2019 at 8:01:50 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Apr 27, 2019 at 8:05:56 pm

[Mathieu Ghekiere] "Had nothing to do with hostility, it's just been a bit quiet around FCPX and the iMac Pro / Mac Pro / ... . I love X, but most conversations here had some interesting arguments, I didn't mind the criticisms, even if I didn't agree always at times. It often lead to interesting arguments about ways how people edit, etc. ..."

I couldn't disagree more. On the other active FCP X web locations - there are thousands and thousands of those active discussions about all sorts of FCP X topics still taking place daily.

Just this week, I've chatted about database design, roles strategies, all sorts of import and export issues - not to mention all the discussion of the Apple announcement of the coming EOL of access to the old Quicktime-based codecs in the next revision of MacOS and how that will effect editors going forward.

Once upon a time, those types of highly active information exchanges might have occurred here.

But not any more.

Just how it is.

This place got stuck for YEARS on one primary topic: whether FCP X was ever going to be relevant to real professional editing.

Now that it's a fully accepted alternative with a rapidly growing reputation (along with Resolve) for speed and reliability - it's hard to see how boards like this that were so hostile towards it for so long remain a place where FCP X users will ever want to hang out.

A bar can be neutral for a while. But when you sit down to drink a beer, and everyone sitting around you just talks about how much your team sucks - you tend to find a new bar.

Just how it is.

HECK, just look at the thread below this one.

An "opinion piece" article like that would have easily generated 20-60 response posts in the past.
Now, ZIP. Why? Cuz nobody cares enough to push back on it's central thesis - which laid out specific reasons why the shop owner felt X was a better option for them after significant testing.

That's, sadly, a pretty clear hallmark of "disengagement" if you ask me.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]