APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve 16 vs FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: Resolve 16 vs FCPX
on Apr 26, 2019 at 6:49:31 pm

I know he didn't mean anything insulting by it, but the comment suggesting that features of FCPX are "dumbed down" for the "simpler user" is I think, a tad unfair.

I've been having to work in FCPX and Premiere side-by-side now for a while, and I have to say, a lot of the FCPX functionality is seemingly done in a much less "clunky" way than my experience of Premiere. FCPX is very intuitive and there is an economy of steps to do what you want, whether that's using shortcut keys or the mouse.

My Premiere experience so far includes way more tabbing around to get to what I need, functions that seem similar but aren't, and the paths to get to those items or tools I need don't always seem "logical" to me.

Part of that, i'm sure, is just that I have more familiarity and practice in FCPX; I'm way faster in it, I know where everything is, and how the tools work.

But part of it is also just a better user experience, not "dumbed down", but clearer, logical, "more intuitive", and maybe more "accessible". One little example of this, for me, is the implementation of crop tools. In Premiere, it's buried two steps away in it's own little bubble. In FCPX, it's with all the other transform controls, and I like that.

I am impressed with how much faster Premiere renders out a file over FCPX. I've even done whole jobs where I've done the cutting in FCPX but handed off the final render to Premiere... But much of the rest of it seems like it's pretty old-fashioned in how you have to work in it. I hate the interface, just hate it. They are putting me on a ledge, in terms of mastering Premiere before they take away my Final Cut Pro X at some random, unknown future date, so I'm under the gun to get better at Premiere... But cutting in Premiere to me just feels like work, when FCP has always felt like play. Simple isn't "dumb"; it's powerful.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]