APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 5 Days and no posts?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: 5 Days and no posts?
on Apr 25, 2019 at 9:06:06 pm

This year's NAB was very strange in a lot of ways. It began earlier than ever (we started receiving pre-NAB press releases in mid-January!!!!), and ended almost instantly. There's been no "tail" this year, which is highly unusual.

I wonder if it's because NAB landed so squarely before Easter, which rarely happens. It's like, people got home from the show and then took off. Thousands of people never hit the office for a couple of weeks straight, and virtually all of our posts come when people are at work.

As others have noted, I'm seeing this elsewhere online. The social media conversations shifted instantly from NAB to some combination of Game of Thrones, Marvel, and a bunch of TV shows back from hiatus or starting mid-season -- which actually contributed to dozens of people I think of as core "usual suspects" at the show not attending this year. Stuck in the edit suite.

The irony is that I'm really excited by some of these releases, more so than in many a year, as I've written elsewhere.

Sitewide, our traffic is very much up post-show, as it tends to be, but there's no question that conversation is down, and not just in this forum.

Very, very odd year spring so far.

Interesting stuff coming, though, so stay tuned....but I'd be interested to hear other folks' thoughts on the tail-less-ness of NAB this year, and the dynamics contributing to it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]