APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve 16 vs FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

James Culbertson
Re: Resolve 16 vs FCPX
on Apr 17, 2019 at 4:07:25 am

Resolve 15 would have been my holy grail when I was using FCP 7, and today's Premiere would have been what I would have expected from the next version or two of FCP at that time. I could imagine looking longingly at Resolve 15 if I was using Premiere currently.

But I use FCP 10 primarily. I find it a joy to use compared to Premiere and much faster for the sorts of corporate/documentary work that I do.

I'm using some of my spare time to gradually learn Resolve. But the edting side feels like Premiere, and to be honest, FCP 10's color correction tools, along with the built-in audio effects and iZotope's RX and Ozone plugins get me most of the way there such that it is rarely necessary for me to go outside of FCP 10 anymore.

I'm curious about Fusion too, but I have used After Effects since 1995 and its hard to start something like Fusion when you are so comfortable with another.

That said, it is really easy to get FCP 10 timeline's into Resolve, and I would probably end up using its color tools sometimes, BUT, the import process strips out all audio levels, fades, and keyframes. And that is essentially makes Resolve DOA for me for many projects. I know I can round trip but...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]