APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: all

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: all
on Apr 15, 2019 at 1:23:48 am

[Mark Raudonis] "What keeps large post facilities from jumping is NOT so much inertia, but what I call the "10 X Rule". In order to overcome inertia, the proposed change has to be at least ten times better than the status quo."

Agreed. And not just large post facilities, but I think it also applies to anyone that has aa vested interest (i.e. spent years learning) in a certain workflow. The competition can't be 'just as good' or 'a little better' because we all know that switching will fix some problems, but also create new ones that your old workflow didn't suffer from. No one wants to take the time/effort switch when it's just going to be a net gain of near zero. I might as well stick with the devils I know at that point as opposed to killing them only to introduce an equal amount of new devils.

No to belabor a point, but thats why Apple's killing of FCP Legend and launching of X was such a huge deal. Apple removed that inertial barrier by forcing people to choose. Legend users had to make a conscious choice to move to another NLE. Apple created a very rare situation and that's why it's still so talked about.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]