APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve 16 vs FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Resolve 16 vs FCPX
on Apr 15, 2019 at 1:13:41 am

[Neil Sadwelkar] "Another aspect is that other NLEs are editing systems,.... .......humans proficient in colour correction, compositing, or sound design, exclusively work within the respective pages (only) within Resolve, and the editor holds it all together by working in the Edit page and media pool. Expecting these 4 to be the same human is unrealistic, and certainly not commonplace."

One thing to point out here, is that Resolve has a very definite left to right workflow through the pages. For example, it doesn't work well to add effects in the Fusion page and have those appear back in the Edit page. Some effects show up, some don't. You have to do a mix down or compound/nest the clip (whatever Resolve calls it). That's contrary to a true all-in-one workflow philosophy. The design is really that you lock the edit, then do color and effects, and then finally mix.

That's as opposed to Adobe where I can send a clip off to AE with Dynamic Link/render-and-replace and have an AE designer do the embellishment/compositing. But only if I want it linked in the same timeline, which is optional.

Remember, too, that neither Fusion nor Fairlight ever garnered large market share and historically more node-based compositors have hit the market and failed compared with fewer, but more successful, layer/track-based compositors.

So I think Resolve - the idea - is more attractive than the reality.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]