APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: all

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Raudonis
Re: all
on Apr 14, 2019 at 11:59:04 pm

Anybody who knows me knows I'm not afraid of jumping ship... even in the middle of stormy seas!

What keeps large post facilities from jumping is NOT so much inertia, but what I call the "10 X Rule". In order to overcome
inertia, the proposed change has to be at least ten times better than the status quo. You'll NEVER achieve 10 X in real life for a variety of reasons, but at least on paper there has to be a compelling enough case to make the leap. All of the options discussed here: FCP- X, Adobe, Resolve do NOT have 10 X better than AVID for large, work group environments. That factor and that factor alone is what keeps large facilities from making the leap. When that issue is successfully addressed (without compromise or workarounds), then many large installations can make a decision based on a level playing field.

If I had to place bets on who will get there first, I'd say Resolve. Meanwhile, I'm happy to watch the horse race.

Mark "AVID-FCP-AVID... all three now!" Raudonis

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]