APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve 16 vs FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Resolve 16 vs FCPX
on Apr 14, 2019 at 7:50:08 pm

[Ronny Courtens] "I can see a good future for Resolve, but just not one that is causing the kind of landslides we have witnessed before."

I would agree. All of the tools today are good. Much of the decisions related to NLEs involve workflow and ecosystem. A fancy new feature or even somewhat better performance usually isn't enough to make a big change. I think most people and most facilities today are reasonably happy with the choices they've made. With the low cost of Resolve, together with its cross-platform compatibility, there's no reason not to have it as an additional tool, no matter what you are using - without completely jumping ship.

OTOH, the reason I asked the question in the first place, is precisely because I see a number of very positive comments towards Resolve 16 both here and at FCPco. Not to mention also among RED users. Maybe not enough to switch, but certainly in the vein of "the grass is greener..." This strikes my as intriguing from a standpoint of human nature. Many folks who like X swear by the magnetic timeline and trackless UI. Somehow when they look longingly at Resolve 16, those issues are suddenly less important. Kind of funny to me. ☺

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]