APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve 16 vs FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Resolve 16 vs FCPX
on Apr 14, 2019 at 5:36:22 am

[Ronny Courtens]"This is not a one-solution-fits-all market anymore. Today, people tend to use multiple tools at the same time or multiple NLEs within the same company. And this seems to work out well for everyone."

It never has been a one solutions market. There never has been a real all in one tool before so there is good reason why most facilities and power users need more than one software approach. In the past all NLEs have had serious weak spots in audio finishing, VFX, grading & collaboration etc. Resolve is the first fully integrated software to combine world class tools for all those things in a single package. We all know the edit functions and general performance were playing catchup. And this seems to be being addressed to the point where it is now harder to say Resolve is inferior or just different.

It's not finished because the task is massive but the pace of development is amazing. I'm not sure why you might assume development at Blackmagic will slow down soon and updates get less in the future. I think it won't for the simple reason that their dev team is not going to be transferred to other products like Apple does and unlike Adobe they have a hardware division that needs software tools like Resolve to be up to date with their products.

I've said it before that Resolve has not had the advantage that Adobe had with the EOL of FCP Legend. But another stumble by Apple or Adobe and the foot will be in the door for Blackmagic. History has shown that when Avid and then Apple stumbled an alternative had an advantage, even when it was not fully developed. Resolve is so much better prepared than either FCP Legend or Adobe to take advantage of such stumbles. The increasingly slow pace of FCPX & Apple hardware dev looks like an opportunity to me. Adobe's needing to update their performance looks like a smaller stumble but both may create the perfect opportunity for Blackmagic to overcome the inertia of editors to jump ship. And jumping ship make perfect sense when your boat is taking on water and may sink your business.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]