APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: After Effects wins!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Thomas
Re: After Effects wins!
on Apr 13, 2019 at 5:18:26 am

I had not heard of the Claris app.

When CoSA released After Effects, I was a kid still using Commodore Amigas at home making graphics for a TV station that had no graphics capabilities beyond a weather computer, a Quanta CG and a GVG Kaleidoscope. They sent me to Promax/BDA in New Orleans in `94 where I went to a session called "Video and the Macintosh". Using a personal computer for video production was still pretty esoteric and looked down upon by the elites, but this session drew a crowd. The last of four speakers was the art director of WIVB in Buffalo, NY, Kurt Murphy. He came with an hour's worth of material, but had to cram it into 15 minutes. It was at that point I understood where the market was going. (Commodore had already gone bankrupt. :))

We didn't buy After Effects until a couple of years later. Meanwhile, I was still using the linear room, but now had Photoshop, Illustrator on a PowerMac and Lightwave on a Video Toaster/Amiga system (A separate story).

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]