APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Okay, now he's just messing with us. EPIC Blackmagic Hardware releases

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Okay, now he's just messing with us. EPIC Blackmagic Hardware releases
on Apr 9, 2019 at 11:03:12 pm

With Fusion lite inside Resolve, the need for a free Fusion standalone has probably disappeared. Your fear that Fusion would not get an upgrade has been addressed and the fact that it is Fusion 16 Studio only certainly makes sense to me.

I have only been using Fusion in Resolve since they ported it and I just haven't opened Fusion free for a long time so I have no problem with them dropping free Fusion. I see no indication that free Resolve will go. It is a critical part of BM's strategy to get people into the eco system and then drop some money for the Studio version. Increasingly the Studio version is getting the killer features but the free version is the entry point and BM would be mad to drop that. They have probably been monitoring the downloads of all software and I bet the drop in demand for Fusion free is why they have dropped it with 16. Not worth the extra dev time to make that version. BM is increasingly seeking out user input and I'm sure they are taking note of what is not needed as much as what is.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]