APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is Final Cut Pro X For Hollywood? Old question, interesting answer

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Is Final Cut Pro X For Hollywood? Old question, interesting answer
on Mar 12, 2019 at 2:37:00 am

For me Tim the inertia is artistic type people just assuming Apple has the hardware and software that 'just works'. Few of them has even taken the time to look at alternate hardware and OSs. Same with many editors who understandably don't want to bother learning a new OS and assuming Win 10 is still like XP. Mental inertia.

I was at a festival last weekend showing films off my Dell laptop running Linux Mint. There were two video tech guys setting up the screens and projectors. One hated Macs (ten years doing IT support) the other loved them. The guy who loved them came to me about half an hour later and asked if I knew why his MacBook Pro wouldn't boot. He sat in on one screening and had a close look at Linux and the wealth of connectors on the Dell for AV work and just maybe he might think outside the ecosystem he loves next time he has to buy a new laptop. He seemed impressed that no matter what drive format people threw at me with their films (some were made during the festival) that I could read and play everything.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]