APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: All the little things that I miss in Fcpx - that become a big deal

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joe Marler
Re: All the little things that I miss in Fcpx - that become a big deal
on Feb 9, 2019 at 12:14:04 pm

[Mauricio Lleras] " finding the playhead in filmstrip mode can be a nightmare. When you matchframe to an event full of clips it sometimes is nearly impossible to tell which clip you've matchframed to and where the playhead sits..."

Just enable Skimmer Info (CTRL+Y), then nudge the skimmer one frame with K+J or K+L. You'll immediately see where it is. I always have Skimmer Info enabled, so this makes it easy to visually acquire it in the browser after matching frames.

Another tip: How to find your place when scrolling through a long list of thumbnails. Say you were looking at a clip, then did something else, then want to go back to your previous thumbnail in the browser. You don't want to scroll up and down looking for it. You don't want to do a filtered search which only shows the query results. You want a bookmark that jumps to your clip's spatial location amid an ocean of clip thumbnails.

The easy solution: use markers. They not only work on the timeline, they can also act as a positional bookmark for clips in the browser. You can apply them to clips, do something else, then jump back to the marker you left. The marked clip will be shown in context in the browser with the adjacent clips before/after it. You can also step forward and backward to the prev/next markers, which could be on other clips.

Keyboard commands for markers:

M: create marker at current skimmer location on current clip in the browser
CTRL+M: delete marker at current skimmer location
CTRL+' (apostrophe): Jump to next marker in browser
CTRL+; (semicolon): Jump to previous marker in browser
SHFT+M: Modify current marker. You can name it or make it a red "to do" marker

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]