APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: All the little things that I miss in Fcpx - that become a big deal

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: All the little things that I miss in Fcpx - that become a big deal
on Feb 6, 2019 at 7:48:01 pm

[Bill Davis] "Same story as always. Many editors will continue to view X mostly through the lens of their prior NLE operational expectations. Rather than attempting to clean away some of that mental pre-conditioning and accept it for what it is."

Well, I thought that being able to consolidate footage used in the cut with handles would be something VERY useful that most people want...especially when archiving a project. But, I guess THAT is too "old school" for Apple? It's not preconditioning...it's a very VERY useful feature that for some reason Apple ignored. And the ability to Log and Capture only sections of clips, or only parts of a card...another way advanced feature (Again, one that NO NLE has currently, none) tossed aside also seems odd. BUT, OK. Guess useful features that save time and space are old hat.

Guess storage is so cheap that they say "why wouldn't you want all that?" Because when you hand off a 2 hour doc to be onlined, it's better to get 1-2TB of footage rather than 8-12TB

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]