APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: All the little things that I miss in Fcpx - that become a big deal

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: All the little things that I miss in Fcpx - that become a big deal
on Feb 6, 2019 at 7:03:02 pm

Same story as always. Many editors will continue to view X mostly through the lens of their prior NLE operational expectations. Rather than attempting to clean away some of that mental pre-conditioning and accept it for what it is.

Focus on the air at the top and the FCP X glass will ALWAYS be half empty for a particular editor.

Focus on the liquid at the bottom - and it suddenly can appear satisfyingly full.

If you're actually thirsty to get work done rapidly and efficiently - what's already there will probably quench most editors. Not all, and certainly not those who can't let go of functions they feel are mission critical to how they wish editing would always operate. But it will be satisfying for many, many, many working editors - and a joy to operate at the same time.

iJustine's LumaForge unboxing video for her new Jellyfish just crossed my feed, and the thing that was most fun to watch is how honestly HAPPY she was while she was setting up her new server system. There was apparently real JOY added to her life during a day of server setup? That's NUTS!

But if you remain obsessed with the air on top - it's extremely probable that you'll NEVER have enough juice in your glass to make you happy.

Just how prior expectations tend to color life and work in the real world.

My 2 cents.

But I'm positive others will disagree as they continue to focus on what they prefer from their prior workflow that is missing — rather than adapting well to what they now have, which is very present.

To each their own.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]