APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: All the little things that I miss in Fcpx - that become a big deal

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: All the little things that I miss in Fcpx - that become a big deal
on Feb 6, 2019 at 12:49:05 am

How about the things that FCP 7 did, and did well, but were left off of FCP-X, and never re-added. Amazing things like:

- Log and Transfer...where you could preview the footage, mark IN and OUT on it, THEN import it. That way, you didn't need to import the full clip if you happened to have cameras that shot hours of nothing. This saved a lot of time and space.

And this not being part of FCP-X really boggles my mind...

- The ability to consolidate a cut (project, sequence, whatever) so that you have ONLY the footage used in that sequence, with some handles. Right now I'm being handed a 2 hour project cut on FCP-X to be onlined in Resolve and I'm getting an 8TB drive for this. Why? Because the edit only uses 10 seconds of a one hour clip, but can only consolidate that full clip, not just the section used. And I'm talking hundreds of clips...so that really adds up. Yeah, you can manually do that, but BOY, will that take forever.

So, two very useful things that FCP 7 did that FCX does not. To be fair, there isn't ONE NLE that does that first thing...bring in only the footage you want with IN and OUT points. ALL the NLE's do all or nothing. So odd to lose that ability.

And I agree on the committing the multicam angle. First off, that would save a LOT of space when consolidating the cut for online. Because not only will I get that angle with the 1 hour interview clip where I only use 10 seconds...but I'll get the other angles too. And then Resolve doesn't view the compound clips well, and I need to manually commit each shot.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]