APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Ain’t your grandpas TV Production studio any more, I suppose.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Ain’t your grandpas TV Production studio any more, I suppose.
on Jan 30, 2019 at 1:37:47 pm

[Neil Goodman] "Im really not sure why anyone would want to edit natively in 4k vs a Proxy/ Offline workflow."

In our case (the shop that I freelance most at), we have very short turnarounds on most of the main client's marketing videos. Those projects also tend to be revisited/revised a lot, so online resolution material has to be available on the network for a long time (going on 3 years in some cases). Not to mention that the same source material often touches dozens of different projects over a few years, so a proxy workflow is very impractical. Those projects finish directly out of Premiere.

The same client also has us producing/posting a streaming travel series. That goes through a proxy workflow with a Resolve roundtrip and Premiere finish. There the schedule permits the time and the quantity of raw media is much larger per project (episode). However, even there the 4K original lives on the network and is accessible to everyone, because other content is also cut from this media.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]